2020 PBR Canada Finals Relocate to Revolution Place in Grande Prairie, Alberta
By: Kacie Albert Thursday, October 22, 2020 @ 12:15 PM
PUEBLO, Colo. – The 2020 PBR (Professional Bull Riders) Canada Monster Energy Tour Finals will be held at Revolution Place in Grande Prairie, Alberta, November 5-7, it was announced today.
The 2020 PBR Canada Finals had originally been scheduled for SaskTel Centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, November 13-14 and was moved due to provincial COVID-19 (coronavirus) restrictions.
Across a quartet of events offering $27,500 in prize money spanning three days, riders will compete for critical national points as they vie for the 2020 PBR Canada Championship and accompanying $20,000 bonus.
Additionally, crucial world points will be on the line as the nation’s top bull riders make a last-minute push to qualify for the 2020 PBR World Finals: Unleash The Beast on Nov. 12-15 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The 2020 PBR World Champion will earn the coveted gold buckle and accompanying $1 million Monster Energy World Champion Bonus, while the 2020 PBR World Finals event winner will net $300,000.
Mirroring the intense race among the nation’s riders, Canada’s top bulls will also be competing for the 2020 PBR Canada Bull of the Year honor and $2,500 bonus throughout the three-day, 2020 PBR Canada Finals.
The 2020 PBR Canada Bull of the Year will be the animal athlete with the top average score when combining his Top 3 outs from the regular season and two trips from the four events that will comprise the 2020 PBR Canada Finals.
In a unique format, the 2020 PBR Canada Finals will be comprised of four events.
- The season-culminating weekend will get underway with the PBR Shell Rotella Challenge on Thursday, November 5 at 7:00 p.m.MT. Featuring 25 riders, all will compete in Round 1, with the Top 10 advancing to the championship round.
- On Friday, November 6 at 7:00 p.m.MT, the PBR Wrangler Chute Out will be held at Revolution Place, again featuring all 25 enter riders in Round 1, followed by the Top 10 riders competing in the championship round.
- For the final day of the 2020 PBR Canada Finals on Saturday, November 7, eventgoers in Grande Prairie, and viewers around the world on RidePass and TSN will witness a double-header.
- The evening’s events will begin with 25-rider PBR Cooper Tires Classic at 7:00 p.m. MT. Featuring one round, the event winner will be the high-marked rider of the event.
- Following the PBR Cooper Tires Classic, the Top 15 riders in the national standings will advance to the final event of the 2020 season, the PBR Built Ford Tough Championship. In the season-culminating event, the 15 qualifying riders will face one final bull in an effort to be crowned the 2020 PBR Canada Champion.
The three-day event hosting fans was approved by Alberta Health Services in observation of the guidelines set forth by the provincial government’s current re-launch phase amid the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
All fans in attendance who purchase tickets, will be seated at the Bowes Event Centre, immediately adjacent to the arena, for the three day event’s watch parties. Tables are available for purchase in pod-seating of two, four and six guests.
Throughout the event, a host of new health and safety measures will be instituted, including, but not limited to:
- All Revolution Place staff and PBR staff, riders and stock contractors will wear masks at all times. Riders and bullfighters will be permitted to remove the mask only when it inhibits their ability to do their job safely. These individuals will also be subject to daily CDC-informed COVID-19 screening and temperature checks.
- Fans will be asked to wear masks upon entry and exit, and when leaving their seats. Complimentary face coverings will be provided upon request.
- Fans will be subject to temperature screening prior to entering the venue.
- POD seating, which increases distancing and minimizes fan crossover when entering and exiting their seats.
- Mobile ticketing options and waiving of online ticket purchase fees. For those fans who are unable to use digital tickets, all box office staff will wear gloves and sanitize their work stations frequently. Social-distancing decals will also be placed on the floor outside of the box office windows.
- Increased sanitization of high-contact areas, and placement of hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue to promote hand hygiene.
- Increased options for cashless, contactless concessions and merchandise sales.
The bull riding action begins at 7:00 p.m. MT on Thursday, November 5, Friday, November 6, and Saturday, November 7 at Revolution Place in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Tickets for the indoor watch party at Bowes Event Centre are on sale now and start at $50, standard fees may apply. They can be purchased online at RevolutionPlace.com, by phone at (780) 538-0387, or at the Revolution Place box office.
The three-day, four-event 2020 PBR Canada Finals will also be broadcast LIVE nightly on RidePass, available at RidePass.com or via the RidePass app available on iOS, Android and Roku. The TSN family of networks will also broadcast the event, stay tuned to PBRCanada.com for your local listings.
The 2020 slate of events marks the fifth season for the Monster Energy Tour as a unified competitive series traveling across the country. All future PBR Canada events are subject to change given the evolving regulations regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.